Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Xceed Home Gym Review

Bowflex Xceed Home GymHello!

Bowflex Xceed Home Gym Review

Bowflex Xceed Home Gym Rating: 4 stars out of 5 for being slightly more expensive than the Bowflex Xtreme Home Gym
Price: $899
Buy The Bowflex Xceed Home GymBuy the Bowflex Xceed From Amazon

Oh man, yesterday was very busy! I didn’t have a chance to complete my workout. As a matter of fact, all I did was max out. I’m up to 175 lbs. I know it doesn’t sound like much for a 250 lb. 6’1” 22 year old male, but it’s a lot to me. I’ll get up there soon enough; I just have to keep working at it. Besides, I maxed out at 145 in high school and this is the first time I have seriously committed to a strength training routine. Enough about my personal life, it’s time to get to my review of the Bowflex Xceed Home Gym.

The Bowflex Xceed is the new kid on the block. It’s basically the Bowflex Xtreme XTLU Home Gym on steroids. The Bowflex Xceed has all the features and benefits of the Xtreme but goes quite a bit further. First, the Bowflex Xceed comes with 310 lbs. of resistance. Earlier in this post I mentioned I bench about 175 lbs., if I were to buy the Bowflex Xceed Home Gym I would have 135 lbs. left to work with. What’s more, the Bowflex Xtreme can be upgraded to as much as 410 lbs.

The area required to operate the Bowflex Xceed is pretty small; a 7’ x 6’ rectangle worth of open space in your home is all that is need to make use of all the stations on the Bowflex Xceed Home Gym. That makes this home gym an excellent choice for people in apartments and smaller homes, or for people who simply don’t want to dedicate a large area of their home to fitness equipment.

The Bowflex Xceed offers users several workout options including a pulley system, lat tower, and squat station. You can perform over 65 different exercises and target every major muscle center of the body. You customize your workout by adjusting resistance in 5 lb. increments and start off with light workouts to begin training your body and move up to 410 lbs. of resistance for intense workouts.

Before I conclude this review, I want to write one quick note about Bowflex Power Rods. I know it might seem that metal rods might bend, bow, and become less resistant as time wears on, but Bowflex has put many hours worth of research and design into developing resistance rods that deliver consistent resistance. Bowflex is so confident in their resistance rods that they offer a Never Ending warranty. You can have them replaced at Bowflex’s expense if they lose their ability to deliver resistance!

The features of the Bowflex Xceed Home Gym combined with an impressive 7 year warranty that covers everything from frame construction to the pulley system gives me the confidence to recommend this home gym to people just starting their first strength training routine or the serious strength trainer.

No comments: